emptyspace

My contribution to the Mayberry Family e-Letter

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Tucson stinks

Driving home from work last night in my 1971 VW bus, I hit the stench trifecta: I (1) farted after eating Jack's spicy tacos from Jack-in-the-box; (2) was passed on the freeway by a semi full of cattle; and (3) drove passed the sewage treatment plant off of Prince. This was all at the same time, mind you, like the stars aligned against me. The combined funk almost made me puke up my chicken fajita pita.

-The End

4 Comments:

At 14 September, 2006 11:18, Blogger brent said...

"The combined funk almost made me puke up my chicken fajita pita."

Which would have made the situation an absolutely stunning quadfecta.

So, which odor was the worst? I put all my chips on the spicy fart. It's a wonder you didn't fall through the melted floor of the bus.

 
At 14 September, 2006 20:24, Blogger Jamie said...

Say, that reminds me...remember when we were leaving Tucson for San Carlos one time and somebody in the McRae's Bitchin Suburban said, "It smells like Taco Bell in here," and you said, "We're getting closer!" [to Mexico]. That was classic.

That Prince Road smell is DEADLY. I used to be a trainer for Alphagraphics, whose WORLDWIDE CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS were at an office park right there on Prince and I-10. Um, yeah...nice way to greet your franchisees flying in from places like Brazil and France. Welcome to Tucson...take a whiff.

 
At 18 September, 2006 07:55, Blogger LAURA said...

I am laughing so hard right now that I might wet my pants!

 
At 05 October, 2006 08:29, Blogger Lacy E. (as in Eloise, formerly Lee) said...

you were on such a great writing roll....what happened?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home